Warwici Comitatus

Engraved by William Kip after Christopher Saxton. Later hand colouring.  pub. in Camden's Britannia 1637.  11 3/8" x 13 5/8".

A noteworthy map of Warwickshire based on the Saxton map of 1577 with the addition of more place names and an inset key to the hundreds and their boundaries taken from the William Smith map of 1603. Minor reinforcement to the base of the centre fold. The map features two more variants of the spelling of Birmingham: 'Bromicham' and 'Bermicham'.

Product in stock

Price: £285.00

Loading Updating cart...